Writing skills training with assessed writing tasks
Writing is a difficult skill. How you write reveals a lot about your thought processes. Clear writing indicates clear thinking. Cloudy, mangled writing lets you down.
Let’s be clear – you will not improve your writing on an isolated 1-day course. You can improve if you practise and get feedback on your writing from a trainer. We are the only training company that gives you pre-course writing tasks that we review with ‘tracked changes’ comments and recommendations.
- The elements of effective professional writing – clear, simple, precise
- Style – technical level, jargon and formality
- Word choice – use of strong verbs, reduction of meaningless words
- Vocabulary – word partnerships and natural English
- Paragraph structure – topic sentences, linking, flow of ideas
- Sentences – active sentences, simple structure
- Grammar and punctuation – common problems
What you take away – assessed written tasks
You send us sample of your writing and we will assess and make tracked changes comments to help you understand the areas you need to work on. You take away a version of your text with notes that will help you to adjust your writing. This is the only way to learn and no other training company provides this level of support.
This training requires a commitment from staff to attend sessions and complete writing, editing and grammar tasks. Our training format includes
- A review / assessment with tracked changes comments on a text your have written (a report, meeting notes, briefings, correspondence).
- Training sessions to review learning points and practice.
- Assessed writing tasks to edit review or reformat a piece.
- Follow up support (optional).
In-person and online
In- person: We bring people together in groups at your office.
Webinars and online coaching: We run webinars for groups and online follow up coaching for individuals.
Online learning: We provide learners with online reading materials, tasks and cheat sheets.
Follow up training
For more details and a quote please contact us
Tel: +32 (0)473 39 18 90 or at firstname.lastname@example.org