Work effectively with journalists to shape coverage and build positive relationships
This media relations training is for communication departments and managers who have to be able to develop good working relationships with the media and pitch their stories successfully. This training is delivered by experienced PR professionals and journalists.
This training follows the Communication Strategy Planning training that we offer.
- An overview of media relations – the dynamics of the news cycle
- What makes news. News value that is generated by your organisation
- Media relations – the dynamics of the news cycle
- Pitching your story or defending the position / stance to journalists
- How to build authority and thought leadership
- How to manage reputation and contain potential negative coverage
You will get the chance to develop a news story and pitch it to a journalist face to face or via Zoom or a smartphone. We will then assess how well your pitch goes and give to feedback and recommendations.
Format – In-person and online
In-person: We bring people together in groups at your office or training centre in line with social distancing rules.
Webinars and online coaching: We run webinars for groups and online follow up coaching for individuals.
Online learning: We provide learners with online reading materials, tasks and cheat sheets.
Follow up training
We can tailor a programme to include Presentation Skills or Media Training. Our clients often ask for follow up training in Advanced Writing skills so that staff are well practised in developing both spoken and written messages.
For more details and a quote please contact us
Tel: +32 (0)473 39 18 90 or at firstname.lastname@example.org