Negotiation skills – Getting to “Yes” – in a round about way
This course offers staff insight into the structure of negotiation and learning the skills needed to carry it out effectively – including through communication techniques and strategies. This is crucial in situations where staff do not hold seniority or others or where the long-term relationship is important.
We will prioritise a few of these topics depending on information from the training needs questionnaires.
Planning and setting goals
- How to plan for negotiations – set objectives, plan exit and entry positions
- Focus on interests rather than positions
- Clarify goals and priorities – build a picture of needs
- Objective criteria for deciding outcomes
- How to invent options for mutual gain
- Deal with relationships – understand what issues trigger the other side
Practical techniques and communication skills
- Influence through give and take – the negotiation conversation
- Developing assertiveness in communications
- Communication skills for negotiation meetings
We will provide staff with a template for organising and planning their negotiation. It helps them to identify their objectives and plan the entry and exit positions (the give & take). Staff will be expected to spend some time preparing and planning for their practice negotiation meeting.
People learn best by doing, not by listening. The management training sessions will include a variety of learning activities which include brainstorming, simulations, problem solving, group and individual presentations, video recorded interviews with feedback.
Format – In-person and online
In-person: We bring people together in groups at your office or training centre in line with social distancing rules.
Webinars and online coaching: We run webinars for groups and online follow up coaching for individuals.
Online learning: We provide learners with online reading materials, tasks and cheat sheets.
Follow up training
We can tailor a programme to include Presentation Skills or Media Training. Our clients often ask for follow up training in Advanced Writing skills so that staff are well practised in developing both spoken and written messages.
For more details and a quote please contact us
Tel: +32 (0)473 39 18 90 or at firstname.lastname@example.org