Presenting your events online – techniques to enhance your virtual presence
Most of us have got used to running our meetings and events online using Zoom or WebEx. What we lose with the personal human contact we gain in efficiency. Presenting online is different in some ways. It is more of a broadcast – you have you think more about eye contact with the camera, your background.
How can we make our events more interactive and human? How can we get more active participation? The workshop includes tips and techniques.
- A checklist of speaking to camera on the main platforms (Zoom WebEx)
- Seating – posture and positioning, eye contact, body language
- Set up – things to remember about setting up online seminars
- Online protocol – how to set the energy level, introduce speakers and set the rules
- Management and interaction – steer the discussion, use polls, chat and Q&A for audience interaction
- Voice control – how to get the maximum emphasis from your voice for webinars
This workshop training is for staff at EU trade associations, foundations, corporate public affairs and regional offices who have to moderate teleconference meetings with partners, staff and clients.
What to expect in the training
We share our ideas on the differences between online and face-to-face meetings. We then set up some practice tasks and record you for playback and feedback. You will come away feeling more comfortable with running virtual meetings.
Format – online and in-person
- Webinars – for groups: We organise a 2-hour group webinar with follow up coaching sessions for groups of 2 or 3 people
- Follow up coaching sessions (for pairs): We will stage practice coaching sessions for groups of 2 or 3 people. This gives them the chance to practise and present online – we record and playback for feedback and coaching.
- Online resources: You can access our learning management system to read and download learning materials.
Follow up training
We can tailor a programme to include Presentation Skills or Media Training. Our clients often ask for follow up training in Advanced Writing skills so that staff are well practised in developing both spoken and written messages.
For more details and a quote please contact us
Tel: +32 (0)473 39 18 90 or at firstname.lastname@example.org